Richie-Roo!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Sylvia :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Life with Richie



My big boy is over a month old now! I can't even believe how fast time flies.

They always say that "life is going to change so much when the baby comes." I knew this. I mean, OBVIOUSLY. But I don't think I was completely prepared for just how much or in what ways life changes. It's one of those things you can't completely prepare for until you go through it, you know?

Richie is not on any set schedule - he wakes up when he's hungry and he sleeps a lot. He has a couple of "awake times" during the day where he'll just be awake for about an hour stretch. He goes through a lot of diapers, which is a good indicator that his digestive system is working just fine!

Being a preemie parent is stressful - I don't know how much isolation is good for him (or me) and I worry all the time that he will get RSV. I'm going to be a basket case next weekend when we go out of town with him to a wedding.

But mostly I just look at him and can't even imagine my life without him.

No comments: