Richie-Roo!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Sylvia :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm so over January.

For so many reasons. First, I'm done with the cold. Do you hear me Minnesota? D-O-N-E. My plan to win the lottery better come through so I can buy that vacation home in Costa Rica and live there for 6 months of the year.

Second, I'm done with my body and all it's effed-uppedness. Do you hear me, body? D-O-N-E. It has caused me an emotional tsunami.

Did I ever tell the story of November, December, and most of January? I'm thinking not. Well, it all started with the cytotec I took to induce the miscarriage at the beginning of November. Remember that fun time? Anyway, that happened and I spotted for over FORTY days. Yes, that may be TMI, but it's the evil truth. I wasn't concerned, though, so I didn't go to the Dr, but I was beyond ANNOYED. So, that took up the rest of November and most of December. And then I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. I did ovulate, so that's good, but that little eggy took it's dear sweet time. And then I waited some more. When all was said and done and I could go on to the next cycle, it was over SEVENTY days, or TEN WEEKS. Yeah, great, right? Not.

So, I finally went on to a new cycle (a *hopefully* normal cycle), but not without an added bonus right before - a chemical pregnancy. Because the fun never stops. A chemical pregnancy is essentially a super-early miscarriage. As in, you get a positive pregnancy test and then miscarry a few days later. In my case, I got a very faint line on a HPT on Friday, then again on Saturday. I was suspicious from the start, because the lines never got darker and the one I took on Sunday was almost invisible, unless you have a super-trained eye like I do. Then by Monday it was all over. Sucks. I guess the one positive is that my body is now recognizing when a pregnancy is not viable. So that's good, at least.

So, I called my Dr.'s office to let them know that I suspected I had a chemical pregnancy and wasn't sure what the next steps were. They let me know that I needed yet another Rhogam shot, since it was a new pregnancy and the shots are only good for 12 weeks. Since it had been about 10 weeks since my last one, that meant a new shot for me. Enter: DOUCHY OLD LADY. (Seriously? Is she the only one who works there now?) I had to get my blood drawn again, during which the DOL (douchy old lady) proceeded with the inappropriate small talk ("how many weeks were you?" "how do you know that you're Rh negative?") She then had to give me the Rhogam shot and let me tell you, this time it HURT so bad, more than the other two times I've gotten it. At least the DOL was being nicer during that. Her small talk involved being positive that my last blood work came back negative for clotting disorders, so at least she's actually reading my chart now.

So, onward we go into 2009. So far, not good. I'm trying not to focus on it, since I'm not feeling very hopeful these days, but please pray for us and for a more positive outcome in the upcoming months.

No comments: