Richie-Roo!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Sylvia :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 11, 2009

Birth Story Part 3

Picture it: September 4th, 8 am - I was just told I was going to have a baby THAT DAY! Fred and I were totally shocked and unprepared, but knew this was it! After that, they decided I could have my epidural at any time. So, I said "Yes, please" and we waited for the anesthesiologist. He came at around 10 am and we got it started. I would say that I was not a fan of getting the epidural, but was a fan of what it did! I am also not good at getting them - I'm too jumpy! They have you sit on the edge of the bed and curl your back towards them. And then they poke you to numb the area. Then they tell you that you have to be REALLY still in order for them to put the needle in. I kept jumping every time that they poked me and I got yelled at a little bit. But I was trying to be still!!!

Finally, they got it in. And then it was relief! I could actually sleep! I took a little nap and it was glorious. I even was allowed to lay on my back, which I hadn't done in weeks. My Dr. came and checked me and I was 8 cm and 100% - so they broke my water. I think this was at about noon or 12:30. His head dropped really quickly, too. They decided they would re-check me at 1:30. The nurse (Florence) came in at 1:30 and found that I was ready - 10 CM!!!!!!! Gah!

The Dr. came in at about 1:45 and we got ready to meet our baby.

To be continued...

No comments: