Richie-Roo!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Sylvia :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome Richmond! Birth Story Part 1

Richmond Julian Williams - Born 9/4/09 - 4 pounds, 10 ounces - 17 1/4 inches - 2:51 pm

So, Richie just could not wait! Here's what happened: I had gone in on Monday for an appointment and like I said below, I had not progressed. I was told to watch out for contractions that were more than 5 in one hour. On Thursday around 9 am, I had some bloody mucous. Then the contractions started. There were more than 5 an hour, but they weren't too painful, but I called anyway. They told me to watch them for the next couple of hours and see if they got worse or at least didn't change. They didn't get any better, so I called and let them know and they told me to come on in. Fred booked it home and we headed to labor and delivery (again!).

I seriously thought that they would just give me meds and send me home. They gave me a terbutaline shot to stop the contractions and then checked me. I had progressed to 3-4 cm and 85% effacement and they could feel a bulging bag of water. Soooooo, they admitted me with the intention of stopping my contractions.

To be continued... (we have to go see Richie in the Special Care Unit :) )

No comments: