Richie-Roo!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Sylvia :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

21 Weeks!


"Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch."
Baby is 10 inches! That's pretty crazy to me. And, it turns out, cookies make him move! I bought a little package of sugar cookies at the store earlier this week and every time I eat one (or three...don't judge me), he starts to move around. It's pretty fun :)
Tomorrow my BFF Sarah is coming to town! I'm so excited to see her, since I don't think I've seen her in over 6 months! Lots of fun stuff planned :)
How far along? 21 weeks, 2 days.
Total weight gain/loss: Up 9 lbs that I know of, but I have my suspicions that it is more...
Maternity clothes? Oh yeah.
Stretch marks? Not yet. I think they may be just around the corner. He seemed to grow a lot this past week.
Sleep: Not well. :(
Best moment this week: Baby movements that were more than just once in a blue moon!
Movement: Yep! I still don't feel them strongly, but I'm feeling them everyday!
Food cravings: Still egg and cheese biscuits. But I've also started wanting sugar cookies - makes sense since the baby loves them!
Gender: Boy! :)
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Sleep, Diet Coke and not feeling nauseated.
What I am looking forward to: Baby kicks felt from the outside. I think Fred is a little jealous that I can feel baby and he can't.
Weekly Wisdom: Morning sickness doesn't always go away for everyone. Some of us are sick the entire time.
Milestones: Baby movements, getting the nursery cleaned out (or at least a start), and Fred finally saying we can get a new car (HALLELUJAH)
BTW, something funny that happened this weekend: Fred went to a bachelor party on Saturday and was there until Sunday. Saturday night they had a great time going out and of course, he came home hung over. I looked at him and said - "You know how you're feeling right now? Describe it to me." So he did. And then I said, "Now, that's how I felt Every. Single. Day. for weeks and weeks and weeks." I think he finally felt truly sorry for me :)

No comments: