Richie-Roo!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Sylvia :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baby's First Furniture

Our baby will have his own place to sleep, thanks to his generous Grandma! We went to USA Baby yesterday and narrowed our choices down to 2 (was at 5) and then finally picked one! We have chosen the Munire Essex Lifetime Crib in Siena (Cherry color?)!

We didn't get the matching furniture, since we think we can probably find something similar and cheaper at IKEA or at some other furniture store, since I suspect baby store mark-ups are slightly outrageous.

The crib is made out of mahogany and it seems very strudy - probably will get us through more than one kid (God willing). I surprised myself by getting a wood stain, since I had thought we would get white furniture. It does throw us off our plan with the dresser and bookcase, but I think the wood stain will be better for us in the long-run.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure I felt the baby last night! I was laying on my side and I had my arm against my stomach. I felt a little thump inside and I also felt it on my arm on the outside in the same spot! I woke up Fred and told him. His response was "My Baby" and put his hand on my stomach and kept snoring away. He remembers me telling him, but he does not remember his reaction. He's funny when he's sleeping.

No comments: