Richie-Roo!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Sylvia :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Still on Bed Rest

And it sucks. Big time. Mainly because every time I get up, I have a contraction. I know, I know - bed rest means STAY IN BED. But people, they've ordered me to chug water, so you know I'm getting up to pee every couple of hours or more.

I'm also working from home now. I keep feeling like I need to prove that I'm actually working (which I am) in order to not dip into my FMLA. I'd actually like to use my FMLA leave for when the baby is here, not for when the baby is trying to escape. We've decided he's bored in there and wants to see what this world is all about :)

Fred called daycare centers yesterday and lined up visits to 3 of them. Two are right by our house and one is downtown, right by work. I really think I will like the downtown one best - it's a center "chain" and has high reviews, plus I really do think it will work out best for our family. But, I think Fred is leaning towards the one by our house because it's cheaper. Well, I put it in his hands, since he is going to be looking at them without me, but at least my Sister in Law can go with him to be another set of eyes. I'll help by giving him some advice before he goes.

So, the update from the Dr. on Monday - I am on bedrest for at least the next two weeks. I go back in on the 31st to repeat the fetal fibronectin swab. If it's still positive, then I'm going to stay on bedrest until at least 34 weeks. If it's negative, I can go back to work and my regular days, hopefully. He checked me again and I'm dialated to 2 cm, but he didn't necessarily think that I'd progressed - that I may have been at 2 all along and the first check was a modest estimate. He also thought my cervix length was ok - I didn't have to meet with the perinatologist, so that's something.

So, we're just hanging in there! We'll take it day-by-day. Fred is starting to feel a sense of urgency to finish some of our "baby-to-do" list - he rearranged the nursery yesterday! It's getting there, which is fun. I will just be hanging out on my laptop, in bed. Yes, internet, I promise that I will stay laying down as much as humanly possible. We even rolled out our single convertible bed in the living room (usually a chair), so I can lay down in there, too. I just hope the dogs don't annoy me all day long :)

No comments: