Richie-Roo!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Sylvia :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Preview : Human Pincushion

I had another Dr. appointment today. I had an internal ultrasound, from which they said there is about a 1 cm layer of blood built up. The u/s tech seemed concerned, but my Dr. didn't think it was anything that couldn't work itself out. So, at least that's good.

Here's the plan (for now): they took two vials of blood to test my hcg levels (pregnancy hormone levels) to make sure that they are going down and to test my anibodies because I'm rh negative. Next week I have to go in again for two reasons: to take more blood to test hormone levels again and to get another Rhogam shot. I got one of those suckers in Dec. 07 after my d&c. Lucky for me then I was drugged up and didn't really feel it much. I will not have that luxory this time.

What happens after that? Well, I will be monitored to make sure my levels go back to zero, then it's a blood clotting disorder panel, so full bloodwork to test for blood clotting disorders. Fun times. If something comes back abnormal, I will be put on blood thinners. I have not yet googled this, but it does not sound like a good time. If everything comes back normal, then we get to try on our own again. Is it horrible that I'm hoping something comes back abnormal??? Because then I feel like there would have been a cause to all of this. I've repeatedly said that I don't think I can do this for another year.

I guess we'll just have to take it one blood vial at a time.

No comments: